We recognize two sacred institutions within our church (1) Baptism is a symbol of the burial of the old self and the birth of the new life that comes to one who accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and seeks to follow His footsteps. (2) Holy Communion which is the weekly observance of the Lord’s Supper (also called the Eucharist) and is an act of remembrance of the death and resurrection of Jesus. All who have accepted Christ as their personal Savior— regardless of individual baptism— are welcome to this table. It is a time when the participant examines his or her life in the light of Christian teachings and receives spiritual strength and encouragement to live more fully in the presence of the power of the risen Lord.
It is our purpose to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to inspire in all persons a faith and commitment to Him, to serve the larger community, to work in cooperation with other Christians and to seek oneness of the body of Christ in making His love known to the world.
First Christian Church of Waxahachie is an old congregation with a new vision. It was organized August 25, 1878, under the direction of Addison Clark. There were 28 charter members. The group built a small frame building on a lot on Main Street. This building was destroyed by fire in 1892. The auditorium of the newly constructed church was dedicated Christmas Day, 1892. This building was enlarged and remodeled in 1907. In 1958, the land for the present building was bought. The erection of the new church building began in June of 1960, and the sanctuary and one educational building were dedicated April 30, 1961.